On Jan 29, 2012, at 12:00 PM, Deepal jayasinghe wrote:

> If he has not resigned, why do we have this vote (or why started this
> vote) ? forcing him to resign ?

Because it is very poor practice, IMO, to just keep the same PMC chair in place
forever without giving others the opportunity.  This should not be a reflection
on Noel and he should be allowed to be re-nominiated and accept if he chooses.
This question is why I'd prefer a policy of just holding an election annually,
even if it ends up just reconfirming the existing chair year after year.

Ralph