Hi

Sent from my Samdung Galaxy S3
Apologies for any typos
On Jul 16, 2012 1:41 PM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 11:02 AM, Ross Gardler
> <rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> > This is great stuff. It implies the ComDev PPMC ought to focus on the
low
> > diversity trap while Incubator focuses on more process driven IP,
release,
> > graduation.
>
> Sounds good.
>
> > Of course this means we should figure our exactly what "low diversity"
is.
> > As discussed recently low diversity is not a problem if the project can
> > demonstrate it is open to newcomers.
>
> Right. I'm even thinking that we should drop the "low diversity" label
> and simply replace it with a more generic "not yet ready to graduate"
> one until we have a better shared understanding of the things podlings
> falling into that category still need to do.

"Not ready for graduation" is also too generic, for thw low diversity case
we can have of "lacking to attract new committers" , in that case maybe the
podling community can explain why to the IPMC also /w the help of Mentors
and hence we are able to evaluate whether the reasons are really valid not
to graduate or not

For examle Isis is a very active and healthy community but it took a while
till new blood comes into the community, which is changing recently but I
believe it happens to other podlings as well

But in general as u mentioned more investigations about categories of such
cases is idd required