On 27/07/2012 08:13, Emmanuel Lécharny wrote:
Le 7/27/12 1:02 AM, Joe Schaefer a écrit :
I believe Bill is complaining not about the venue,
but the choice of referring to this package as
a "release candidate" instead of simply dropping
the "RC" portion of the package name like other
projects typically do with approved candidates.

Ah, ok. Makes sense then.

My perception is that the Syncope guys are trying to cut a 1.0.0, instead of going through many 0.x.0 before, therefore they are iterating on RC atm.

Indeed, yes.

It's pretty much semantic, IMHO.

Thanks!

Do incubator peeps think it's a wrong approach?

I hope it's not: anyway, this RC3 should be the last one before actual 1.0.0-incubating.

Regards.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

http://people.apache.org/~ilgrosso/