On 08.10.2012 13:44, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> [...]

What guarantee do you have that a particular Skype ID is whoever you
think it is? None at all, unless the person involved looked at your
Skype contact list and said, yeah, that's me. Likewise for Google
Hangout. As long as they're doing that, they might as well verify the
signature fingerprint in your PGP keyring.

In this respect e-mail is just as secure, so why don't we all just sign
keys because someone claiming to be from from Chad sent us a mail asking
us for a signature?

Really.

-- Brane