On Mon, Oct 8, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Noah Slater <nsla...@tumbolia.org> wrote:
> Perhaps not Tomcat, but the entire Foundation and all of it's current and
> future projects should be under consideration here. The long and short of
> it is that key signing can't hurt. And a key signing guide certainly can't
> hurt. RMs should feel free to do this, if they are interested in it, and
> users who care about it can take advantage of it, if it interests them. I
> certainly wouldn't want to think that we mandate anything. (You know you
> can't be a Debian developer until you have your key signed by another
> Debian developer? That set me back months. I'm something of a recluse!)

I'm absolutely not opposed to key signing.

I am somewhat opposed to presenting 'look at the signature(s)' as a
very prominent verification options on a page aimed at users.

I am very much in favor of streamlining and describing alternatives
that avoid the need for the user to be a WoT participant, such as
taking advantage of KEYS files and the like.