Hi

   I agree about how policy should change.

But when it comes to apply on this case I believe we have to read the
release rules carefully and we will see that we don't need policy change we
just need to add more details and hence make it more clear

The release rules assume you are release source code not just a pom file
(s) which for sure people will not use it by downloading a dist from
anywhere.
They either will svn co the tag and build it locally or use the one
deployed in Nexus

It is just a different situation not an exception

Christian and I already discussed that offline and kindly took the effort
to bring it to the list :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
Apologies for any typos
On Dec 21, 2012 5:12 PM, "Benson Margulies" <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> My belief is that the policy changed a long time ago but was not
> properly edited into the document. If I didn't believe that, I'd be
> taking a different approach here. My secondary belief is that the
> existing document is an ambiguous writing job, and I'm as entitled to
> my opinion as to the actual intention as anyone else with rights to
> edit it.
>
> And, as such, I think that the right thing to do is to put up the
> edits and see who complains.
>
> I am perfectly happy to set the example of boldly editing documents to
> state the policy as I understand it, and then inviting people to
> comment. I am in part inspired by the other thread about the
> uselessness of DRAFT and suchlike markings.
>
> If you are so convinced that I am entirely changing, as opposed to
> clarifying, a Foundation invariant, then you should say as much on the
> thread over on infra. If you feel strongly enough, you should revert
> my commit.
>

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d...@daniel.shahaf.name>
wrote:
> > Benson Margulies wrote on Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 07:01:03 -0500:
that all releases must be archived on /dist we should do exactly that. Or
change the policy.