On 01.02.2013 18:05, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Branko Čibej wrote on Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 17:29:45 +0100:
>> I think updating the httpd config is the more realistic option, since it
>> doesn't presume a ssh tunnel between minotaur and the site server.
> The only supported way to get content to the web servers is to commit it
> to svn and have svnpubsub pull it to them.
>
> So, just have a cronjob on minotaur commit the changes.  You can get
> a username+password for that by asking.

Surely it doesn't make sense to commit this transient table. If I wanted
that, I'd be generating (and committing) all of content/votes.xml
instead. But I really think the voting status page should be updated
more often than once a day, hence the current architecture that doesn't
depend on incubator site updated.

I'm all for moving this from minotaur to whimsy, and do suggest we
change the incubator.a.o server config so that the votes table can be
fetched from there.

-- Brane