Hi,

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 11:15 AM, Ross Gardler
<rgard...@opendirective.com> wrote:
> +1 to everything Greg says, especially about Benson not being anything
> more than the liaison. The IPMC is a difficult place, people should
> take responsibility. Benson is doing just that (along with a bunch of
> people helping out).

Right. When I started putting more effort into the Incubator back in
the beginning of last year, making significant change only took extra
time and commitment from myself, not changes in tooling or processes,
nor much help from others. The latter bits can of course help, but
they won't go anywhere by themselves.

On the other hand, since we're a volunteer organization, a better
message here would be that people *can* take responsibility, not that
they *should* do so. If there aren't enough people with enough free
cycles (I woke up next to a three month old reminder that there are
higher priorities in life :-), then it's a flaw in the structure that
requires more volunteer effort than is available rather than a failure
of the volunteers involved.

BR,

Jukka Zitting