Actually I wasn't thinking it would be you Benson who talked to the
board. There are several directors here including a couple on this
thread who've said they support trying this so i thought they could
bring it up informally at the upcoming meeting just to get us an idea
if this is something the board would entertain at all.

I agree with you that there are a lot of details that would need to be
worked out, but right now it doesn't look like anyone is doing that
work so getting some feedback from the board, even if its just "maybe
but we need more details", could help motivate getting that work done
and coming up with a complete proposal. If the board sounded
interested i'd help getting to that and it sounds like there are a few
others here who would too.

I also agree that there isn't consensus in the Incubator PMC to do
this, but I'm not sure we need it. If we come up with a process and
proposal that the board is happy with and poddlings to be guinea pigs
then we don't really need a unanimous Incubator PMC vote to go ahead.
And its just an experiment, so its a much more gentle approach than
the other big bang changes being proposed.

So what does anyone else think, is this worth trying? Greg
specifically, you were keen we try this earlier on in the thread so is
this something you could get us some feedback from the board about?

   ...ant