On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 June 2013 05:10, Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 2, 2013 at 11:08 PM, Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Apache Incubator tools
>>> Copyright 2013 The Apache Software Foundation
>>>
>>> This product includes software developed at
>>> The Apache Software Foundation (http://www.apache.org/).
>>>
>>> This distribution contains code from the LinkedIn Corporation:
>>>
>>>     Copyright (c) 2013 LinkedIn Corp. All rights reserved.
>>>     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0
>>>

>>> WDYT?
>>
>> Looks good. And given that the LinkedIn stuff is under ALv2, then 4(d)
>> comes into play, requesting attribution. It is Right and Proper that
>> they get a couple lines in our NOTICE file.
>
> I'm not convinced of that.
> If their attribution request is not in the NOTICE file, does it have
> to go in ours?

Maybe, maybe not. Why be so concerned? Let's be good citizens and
recognize their contribution in our NOTICE file. It doesn't hurt
anybody.

If they have their own NOTICE file, which gets incorporated into a
subdir of *our* distro, then we can/should reference it from our
NOTICE file.

I'd rather that we be nice by default.

Cheers,
-g