On 13 June 2013 04:04, Sanjiva Weerawarana <sanj...@wso2.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 8:27 AM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> ccing trademarks@
>> Note the mix of public and private lists.
>> > Yeah we also thought about that .. if StratosLive is too close to home we
>> > can certainly change it. Bit painful but not impossible.
>> >

>> Better to get an answer to the question up front IMO.
>>

> +1.

"Better" yes - "required" before we can vote - no. My reasoning is
that WSO2 have already agreed they will use a different name if VP
Branding requires it. In fact they won't have any choice since the
proposal clearly indicates the Stratos trademark will be assigned to
the ASF.

That said I encourage someone on the project commit list to mail
trademarks@ to understand what would be acceptable.

Ross

Ross