On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM, Mattmann, Chris A (398J)
<chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> I'm not in favor of an Ombudsman. Seems like an extra
> layer of overhead beyond what the Chair already provides. Seriously
> does someone need a title in order to be the clearinghouse for folks'
> honest assessments of the Incubator, its personnel, or other sensitive
> issues?

We could really do a much better job of gathering feedback, both solicited and
unsolicited.

I'm sensitive to the argument against layering on bureaucracy and complexity.
As with public APIs, it is often more difficult to remove stuff later than it
was to add it.

Maybe we should focus first on the service of exit interviews, rather than on
the creation of a new title?  We should be able to do a decent job
administering exit interviews with existing personnel.  The option to expand
-- or not -- will always be available later, should the initiative prove
successful.

Marvin Humphrey