Dear all,

This is a very good initiative. We use OData in our integration projects as
the standard protocol. Based on our experiences with OData as a standard and
its exiting ecosystem, I have a few suggestions,

1. Please start by supporting OData v3 (not v2). v2 is relatively old, lacks
some key features that are present in v3. Also, the ACCEPT header semantics
for JSON format is compatible between v3 and v4 (the current in progress
version) but not v2. This is critical from a consumer point of view. Another
reason to start with v3 is that it is the version that was submitted to
OASIS for standardizing which will come out very soon as v4.

2. Please evaluate odata4j which is designed very well despite some bugs and
deficiencies. This allows this apache project to take the best of ideas from
2 of the available implementations of odata on java.

Thanks & Regards,
Anny G