Hello, Till,

On Thu, Jul 18, 2013 at 6:57 AM, Till Westmann <t...@westmann.org> wrote:
> actually my remark in the report was less about the activity of you, the
> active mentor, than about the fact that you are the only one. So "more than
> one active mentor" would have been a better wording.

What kind of Mentor activity do you think VXQuery would benefit from?  Once a
podling gets through the early stages of incubation (particularly the first
release), there tend to be relatively few obvious blocking issues that require
multiple Mentors.  I was a little concerned that no Mentors had signed off on
the report, but there was a small window for that to happen this report cycle
because I messed up some due dates, and in any case Jochen has now taken care
of things and is apparently active elsewhere.

Are you having difficulty getting releases reviewed?  (That's a classic pain
point for podlings that have been around for a while.)  By the way, when was
the last release?  "Date of last release" is in the podling report template,
but it wasn't in the report that was filed.  I tried to figure it out by
looking at <http://incubator.apache.org/projects/vxquery.html> but it wasn't
there, nor was there an obvious download page on the podling website at
<http://incubator.apache.org/vxquery/>.

Are community members not collaborating effectively, perhaps providing an
opportunity for a Mentor to coach?

Are questions about ASF culture, infrastructure, institutions, etc that are
going unanswered?  Or is the podling fumbling around because they don't know
what questions to ask?

Are there perhaps activities that are really the responsibility of the
community, but which a Mentor might optionally take on?  I'm thinking of
things like evangelism, publicity and such.

Marvin Humphrey