Apache is community over code, but here is more like code over community.

As a community we should be able to tolerate the conflicts of interest.
Once the project is incubated in Apache, the project belongs to Apache
and direction and future of the project should be decided by the
community, not just the people who bring the project. I do not see that
here. If this would have been a vote, I might -1.

Deepal