How do we go about changing the Incubator Proposal Guide so that the rules
around adding new committers to a podling at proposal time? As much fun as
a good email thread can be, we don't want to have to relive the same ones
over and over.

Can we come up with a consensus view and get it into the guide here?

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html#template-initial-committers
Here's what I think we should add:

After a proposal is submitted to the incubator but before a vote is called
the proposing community may choose to add additional committers who ask to
be committers or may chose to defer adding new committers until the podling
is in the Incubator and can use the normal ways of ASF meritocracy,
nominate new committers, etc.

Do people agree with that text?

What's the process for getting a change like this into the guide?

Thanks,
Dave