On 7 November 2013 11:31, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>

> > The Incubator has a fundamental structural flaw: it lacks a mechanism to
> > reward merit earned by individual podling contributors.
>
> Idea: Allow for podlings to nominate, and elect, Podling "chairs"

which can cast Mentor-like votes.

This is also an idea I floated some time ago, a few times in fact in
slightly different forms trying to get traction. It's been discussed on
this list a number of times and is documented at
http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorIssues2013 (e.g. 01.8 and

As well as being +1 on voting Podling committers to the IPMC I am +1 on
other methods of recognizing podling members. See the pTLP proposal I
originally floated and hoped would be explored in the Stratos project.

I'm sure there are other approaches that might work. I don't think there
need be another debate about this, there just needs to be action on one or
more of these activities. When an experiment proves successful then it
should become part of what the IPMC does.

Ross