Hi,

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 11:54 AM, Upayavira <u...@odoko.co.uk> wrote:
> ...My issue is that granting PMC membership is too big a step for many
> podling members. Going from being newbie podling member, to a part of a
> team responsible for 50+ incubator projects is, with the freedom to
> mentor other podlings, is too big a step for most podling members, and
> will remain scary even if you attempt to restrict 'powers' through
> social convention...

Assuming that's true, instead of inventing new roles I would suggest
electing those deserving podling committers as Incubator PMC members
*for a limited time*.

Make them IPMC members for six months or until their podling
graduates, and elect them permanently after that if they're still
around doing good work. Make it clear that they're not really expected
to care for other podlings at this point, but welcome to do so in a
constructive way.

Not much bad can happen, and if it's the case the IPMC can still kick
out anyone on short notice as a last resort.

IMO that's the simplest way to empower people without scaring them too
much, without making things much more complicated - you'd just need a
file in svn to keep track of which people have such expiring
memberships.

-Bertrand