On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:51 AM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>wrote:

 For a release tagged with the "incubating"
> label and disclaimer, filing bugs rather than blocking seems reasonable.

I may have edited away more than you like but yes - "filing bugs rather
than blocking" is the approach we should try using more, much more. All
that stuff about putting the foundation at risk seems vastly over stated -
are there any examples at all ever where the foundation has come to any
harm from a duff release? The release voting is to make the release a
collective action of the foundation to protect individuals not to protect
the foundation.

I'm curious what others think.  There's room for us to disagree, since
> release
> votes do not require consensus...

Podling release voting is one of the most problematic areas of the
Incubator and has been for years. Its the disagreement over whats required
that tosses podlings about with one person saying they must do one thing
and others something else, and it puts off mentors from voting in case
they're made to look like they don't know what they're doing. So I think we
should try to find some consensus on approach rather than agreeing to
disagree,

   ...ant