On 05/04/14 16:19, Craig L Russell wrote:
Hi Rob,

If you developed the code during the time the ICLA and CCLA were in effect
(from February 2012) I don't see a need to file additional paperwork.

Craig

As a matter of good practice, when is it best to use the IP Clearance process?

In this case, we have a significant area of new functionality, written by Rob, who has appropriate xCLAs on file. It is within the projects charter.

The code was written solely by Rob and developed outside the project's code repository.

The IP Clearance Template (point 3) says an SG and CCLA must be in place and it is sent to the secretary. It does not seem necessary as the existing CCLA is on file.

As a significant new piece of code, it does seem worth recording the acceptance by the project.

What's the best practice?

        Andy