Hi,

-1 (binding) due the LICENSE/NOTICE possible issues

Signatures and hashes all good

DISCLAIMER correct
Filename contains "incubating"
NOTICE and LICENCE may need checking see below
A few files are missing correct headers (but minor)
There's no binaries in the release (other than open office test files)
Can compile from source
Was unable to get all test to pass ("AWT-Shutdown" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError)
but assume that's an issue at my end

The  MathML XML Schema, Oracle Multi-Schema XML Validator and  ISO RELAX JARV
API are in both LICENSE and NOTICE, as they are permissive licences I believe
they should only be in the LICENSE file. [1][2] Can anyone confirm?

Noticed a couple of very minor issues which can be fixed in a later release.
- release file name missing the word "apache"
- KEYS not usually placed inside zip  (as you need the KEYS to verify the
release before you unzip it)
- not sure that HEADER.txt is needed
- May want to reword LICENSE "The Apache ODF Toolkit ODF Validator component
includes several third party jars" as I assume it's the source you are
licensing not the jars?
- xslt-runner and xslt-runner-test have xml and property files missing ALv2
header

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#permissive-deps