Hi,

> It requires 3 +1 votes on the podling list, they then bring it here
> for the 3+1 *binding* votes. In our case we got 4 total +1 {2 IPMC
> members; 2 PPMC members} and came here for the third binding vote.  I
> think the Aaron was precise in his usage of "+1 votes" and "+1 binding
> votes". Mine and Patrick's vote carry through here leaving us 1 shy of
> 3 binding +1 votes from IPMC members. I'm not seeing the point of
> confusion here.

The confusion is that the 2 PPMC votes were not stated as votes by the PPMC and
could of been from anyone.

Are IPMC votes consider binding on a podlings dev list and count toward the
initial +3? I'm assuming so but I can't find it stated anywhere.

If the other two votes were not by PPMC then there only +2 votes and so it's
not valid. I note that Chris is not listed here [1] but is on the initial
committer list [2] and there's no team page on the Blur site listing out the
PPMC members. I assume they are PPMC votes but as an outsider it's hard to know.

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://people.apache.org/committers-by-project.html#blur
2. http://incubator.apache.org/projects/blur.html