Hmm....

That really is quite different.  To add to the mix, the two projects in
question are in the process of entering the Apache incubator.  In Optiq's
case, at least, that means that they have made what they have stated to be
their last non-Apache release, but are not yet in a position to make an
Apache release yet.  That makes a temporary fork whose temporary nature is
somewhat non-standardly indicated by the SNAPSHOT enclitic much more
plausible.

+1 from me, then.

Thanks for the clarification.