Hello,
    We have reworked the release for Falcon 0.5 post feedback on LICENSE and
NOTICE from IPMC. Special thanks to Sebb, Justin Mclean and Chris Douglas for
helping us with this.

A vote was held among the developers for this release candidate and the release
has been accepted. Details of the vote and the result can be found at
http://s.apache.org/falcon-0.5-rc5-dev-vote and
http://s.apache.org/falcon-0.5-rc5-dev-vote-result respectively.

The source tar ball can be downloaded from
http://people.apache.org/~sriksun/0.5-incubating-rc5, along with signature and
checksum files.

SHA1 checksum : 986d50b97710e252c1b6027dda9354b1c4127869
MD5 checksum: 33e6d2e4cea237be470020bb69a350f7

Git tag for the release is
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-falcon.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/release-0.5-rc5,
 tag's hash 5a9b96a74014718a3683c71875f2a020519eb587

More than 140 JIRAs have been closed as part of this release and the release
notes can be accessed from http://s.apache.org/falcon-0.5-release-notes and the
change logs are available at http://s.apache.org/falcon-0.5-change-log

The release has been signed through key(D2498DC9):
http://s.apache.org/pgp-sriksun

Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/falcon/KEYS

Please vote on the release. The vote will close no sooner than Sep 18, 2014
17:00 UTC

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

PS: Earlier "call for vote" message sent on the mailing list had incorrectly
specified an expiry time on the same and the same has been reworded. Also added
the hash of the git tag.

Regards
Srikanth Sundarrajan