Sorry, my last response crossed paths with this.

We can and will make another release, but no, it was only 24 hours ago
that we realized we might get a bump in installs from the talk on Tuesday
and only 10 hours since I proved we could workaround the problem with a
change to the binary package.  No plan involving votes and mirrors would
fix the problem in time.  So I am looking for reasons why we can/can’t
update a binary package in less time than the whole vote + mirrors latency.

Thanks,
-Alex