On 15.01.2015 15:06, jan i wrote:
> On 15 January 2015 at 14:58, Branko Čibej <br...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On 15.01.2015 14:45, Dave wrote:
>>> This vote: "RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating) 2014–09–03 2014–09–02
>>> 135 days" was cancelled in an email message titled "[VOTE][CANCELLED]
>>> Release RC4 as Apache Usergrid 1.0 (incubating) - CORRECTION"
>> The problem here is that the vote tally script does not expect people to
>> fiddle with the subject line other than to add a [RESULT] or [CANCEL] or
>> [CANCELLED] tag. In the past, I've found quite a few result or
>> cancellation messages that also modify the rest of the subject line, or
>> even start a completely new thread. Every now and then I go through the
>> script's database and fix up results, but ... I'd really have expected
>> people to feel less need to fiddle with subject lines. :)
>>
>> (At one point I tried following in-reply-to headers ... what a mess,
>> mail clients these days really have trouble following 20-year-old RFCs.)
>>
> Does the program have any other method to cancel votes than making an email
> ?
> (would be kind of nice of IPMC could mark votes like the one from Usergrid,
> without extra emails)

Yeah, it would be nice; and the answer is, not yet. It's just a cron job
that generates static HTML, running off my account on minotaur.

At one time I had this utopian plan for changing the whole thing into a
nice webapp, but ... heh. Went the way of all other Utopias.

>> And of course, some votes never get a proper resolution mail sent out.
>>
> Those are the ones we need to catch.

Yup. That was the point of trying to automate the whole thing.

-- Brane