> On Jan 14, 2015, at 8:48 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> at this point we have had a few lively threads
> discussing three somewhat different proposals:
>   #1 mentor re-boot
>   #2 pTLP
>   #3 Ross's strawman http://s.apache.org/8eS
> it feels to me that all three need additional work
> to be done before we can have any reasonable
> consensus around them (let alone voting).
>
> Wearing my chair hat, I would like to suggest that
> the next step should be: for each proposal we identify
> points that are going to block consensus (AKA would
> result in -1 vote if it comes to a vote). I suggest we
> do it on the wiki pages themselves (I'll wikify Ross's
> proposal tonight). Not editing the wikis but simply
> collecting this feedback as the last section in each
> proposal. The idea would be to identify all such
> points in a week or so.
>
> Sounds good?

Another, or complementary, way this could be done is to work out the pros and
cons on a spreadsheet.  This would not take the place of a vote, but would
provide some useful insight into the opinions that the community has with
regards to various aspects of each proposal.

http://s.apache.org/reboot <http://s.apache.org/reboot>

People who wish to contribute their opinions can send an email to adc at apache
dot org and I will add them to the list of editors.

There is a Pros tab.  Here people can add columns that represent an
advantageous aspect that a proposal should cause.  It doesn’t have to apply to
all, or any, of the existing proposals.  There is no limit to the number of
advantages aspects added to this tab.  Each row in this spreadsheet, this tab
specifically, is for each person to indicate using 0-5 how important they feel
that particular advantageous aspects are to solving the Incubator’s “woes”.

There is a Cons tab. Here people can add columns that represent an
disadvantageous aspect that a proposal could cause.  It doesn’t have to apply
to all, or any, of the existing proposals.  There is no limit to the number of
disadvantageous aspects added to this tab.  Each row in this spreadsheet, this
tab specifically, is for each person to indicate using 0-5 how relevant they
feel that particular disadvantageous aspects are to solving the Incubator’s
“woes”.

The above two tabs will represent what the community thinks are good things and
bad things to do for the Incubator.

Then for each proposal there is a corresponding Pros and Cons tab.  These are
for people to indicate how strongly they feel that certain advantageous or
disadvantageous aspects apply to specific proposals using 0-5.

All of this data bubbles up to the summary tab.

Regards,
Alan