The github-asf integration is fairly smooth, if not as cool as the big
Merge button. For the requester there is no difference, only the Apache
committer have to do manual steps.

An example email, which we set up to go to dev@:

http://apache-taverna-dev.markmail.org/thread/gq62b33me5mjjkjw

If you just do those commands as in the email, you are done.

Any replies on the mailing list thread as goes back to github (and hence
the submitter) and vice versa - although with the occasional formatting
issue.

The only awkward bit is that you have to use dummy commits to close any
pull requests that you don't want to merge.

Btw, I think the example commands could be improved, --no-ff or something
should force a merge commit (where you can say the "This closes #15" in the
commit message)

It has also been suggested to do a trial of GitLab installation at Apache,
with various feedback.

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/community-dev/201503.mbox/
<CADmm%2BKff9qR_zQstYxbW%3DsHMfV7%3DzZrFvuND_Mn7-8Ljp819hQ%40mail.gmail.com>