IMO, once the source code is migrated to the ASF you should not do any more
releases outside the ASF.  I would attempt to clear up as many IP issues as you
can before entering but I believe several projects have resolved their IP
issues while in the incubator.  In the worst case some code may need to be
rewritten.

Ralph