On 04.08.2015 18:12, Joe Brockmeier wrote:
> What about the Ignite thread was "unfortunate"? That it was a bit
> heated at times, or just the fact that there was disagreement? I fear
> that there's too much bias towards +1'ing things even when folks have
> legitimate concerns.

Heated and disagreement are not a problem. The problem I see are all the
people who know nothing about the day-to-day life of the podling, then
start stating conditions for their graduation votes that have nothing to
do with either published ASF policy or published Incubator guidelines.
I'm not going to state names but it's fairly obvious from the archives
who I'm talking about.

This kind of behaviour not only wastes time but puts mentors in an
impossible position: on the one hand, we have to sink a lot of time into
guiding the podling (sometimes with a cluebat), and on the other we have
to defend the podling and our own integrity from the peanut gallery.

No wonder there are never enough active mentors to go around; who in
their right mind would want to spend their free time to go through this
rigmarole twice?

-- Brane