We could define a hierarchy of right to use the mark: pmc has ultimate
right, if the pmc are not producing a packaging for that system then the
developers of the packaging system have the right to define who can use the
mark in relation to their packaging system only.

The aim here would be to make our software available easily in different
packaging systems. The pmc may want to take ownership of popular packaging
systems, so we'd need to be able to trump others