On Sep 7, 2015 4:12 PM, "Jochen Theodorou" <blackd...@gmx.org> wrote:
> I am not sure that approach is realistic. I mean, if you say it must be
optional and not required, then there must be an existing alternative. And
that alternative must be not LGPL. If there is such a toolkit, then why not
go with that right away? The project has to manage its resources well.

Exactly. Without an alternative, then you have a pile of code that doesn't
meet any user expectations.

If it can be released as a library, for downstream users to produce an
editor, then okay. But an releasing an editor with no UI is kind of a
non-starter. :-(

Given the UI landscape, and its licensing, I can see why Corinthia would
like to host elsewhere. One day, we'll see some permissive UI libraries....

Cheers,
-g