On Nov 4, 2015 12:54 AM, "Justin Erenkrantz" <jus...@erenkrantz.com> wrote:

> I will just note that I disagree with adding bureaucracy like this.

It's not bureaucracy. It's suggesting a tool by which a mentor might
measure a podling's progress. It answers the question "how can I tell if
they're ready." It also gives a better-than-gut-feeling way to communicate
to others that they're ready.

When a project is recommended to the board for graduation, most of the time
all we have to go on is a list of names and a vague description. It'd be
nice to have more. But this isn't a requirement or policy. It's just a
suggestion.

https://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html