Todd: as Ross notes, your three points about code reviews in a CTR project
are quite valid, and match accepted engineering practices.

What I haven't seen is an explanation why a committer must be treated the
same as a drive-by. Both are subject to requiring "permission"[1] to make
even the simplest of changes under RTC. Even worse, from else-thread, it
sounds like under your control scheme, you don't even allow the committer
to apply their own change [after review]. A committer can give a binding +1
to somebody else's work. But they aren't trusted to give that to their own
work. Just like a drive-by contributor can't be trusted.

-g

[1] thanks to Upayavira for capturing the essence of RTC: it is a
"permission" mechanism for control.