Greg Stein wrote:
RTC versus CTR is clearly a religious debate. There are a large number of
>  successful and vibrant Apache communities using each paradigm. I don't

"Apache communities" is (IMO) a very important point here. I believe that
Apache communities understand the nuances of peer respect, consensus, and
trust.*That*  community could weigh the variables and decide which workflow
works best for their community. By definition, podling arrivals are not
accorded the same self-reliance, and the proposal even states, "fewer have
much experience with ASF-based software projects as contributors and
community members"

Thus, my else-thread suggestion of waiting for an "Apache community" to
form, and then making the decision to move from CTR to RTC.

Joining in (albeit much later than I should have chimed in), I was/am a little concerned to see the -1's cast in the first place. It seemed very out of character to have concerns about how a community desired to govern itself prohibiting entry to incubation.

However, given Greg's, Bertrand's and Roman's comments since, I do feel much better. It seems appropriate to me that the mentors take these concerns seriously and provide feedback to the IPMC that the podling isn't misusing RTC. Wanting a community to operate in a specific way feels like a slippery slope to me (as it's been hashed out that people have differing and strong opinions on both sides), but I like the idea of ensuring that RTC is being applied in a way which we're happy with at the ASF.