> On 5 Jan 2016, at 11:55, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Tentative +0.5
>
> License and Notice there, no binaries in src archive, digests match
>
> License count as follows:
> Apache License/2.0: 1196
> BSD 3-Clause License: 2
> License missing: 101 (see below)
> Python License/2.0: 2
>
> See http://compliance.rocks/result.html?1152a2a9 for a list of minor
> nits (missing some license headers in a bunch of python scripts).

nice script

two files:

        • No license found in
apache-slider-0.90.2-incubating/slider-core/src/main/java/org/apache/slider/api/proto/Messages.java!

        • No license found in
apache-slider-0.90.2-incubating/slider-core/src/main/java/org/apache/slider/api/proto/SliderClusterAPI.java!

These are protobuf generated. We could move them to a slightly different path
in the source tree, say
sider-core/src/main/generated/org/apache/slider/api/proto/ to make their state
clearer ; otherwise we'll have to switch to generating the files on the build,
with the impact that has on requiring a compatible protoc version everywhere.

I think some other projects keep their protoc generated source files in SCM
—what do they do license-wise?