CCing Greg directly since he dealt with this for SVN

On Mon, Mar 14, 2016 at 3:58 PM, Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org> wrote:
> Frank McQuillan wrote on 3/14/16 6:49 PM:
>> Good day,
>>
>> We have moved the Apache MADlib (incubating) web site to ASF infra at
>> http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/
>>
>> However there is remaining a download page for pre-ASF releases on the old
>> infra at
>> http://madlib.net/download/
>>
>> Is it OK and appropriate to move the http://madlib.net/download/ download
>> page to http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/ as well, as long as we clearly
>> indicate that the artifacts are pre-ASF?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Frank
>>
> Sounds appropriate to me.  Ensure people know they're not ASF releases,
> but are from the earlier organization (i.e. whoever is donating the
> project), and be crystal clear if the license is different than the
> Apache license.

Agreed. The good news is that the previous license has an added benefit
of being compatible with ALv2, but of course we still have to be crystal clear
on that.

Any good example of this that currently exist in ASF?

> Note we probably don't want to host the actual downloads themselves;
> just point to the existing old download page.

Actually, we'd rather move the bits to ASF infra (if that's ok).

Thanks,
Roman.