On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 12:24 PM, Frank McQuillan <fmcquil...@pivotal.io> wrote:
> Hello Incubator PMC,
>
> Thank you in advance for reviewing MADlib v1.9-rc1.
>
> This is the 2nd ASF release for Apache MADlib (incubating).  The goal of
> this 2nd release is:  general availability of MADlib v1.9 for community use.
>
> The software in this release is very similar to the 1st ASF release MADlib
> v1.9alpha on 3/11/16.  The main differences are bug fixes, license and
> notice clarifications, and minor updates.  Feature set is the same.
>
> Reminder of thread for IPMC vote passing of 1st ASF release:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201603.mbox/%3ccakbqfztg+w4ub6t5awf1gemsxy5ad+j3xnozfkyxmzwd3ro...@mail.gmail.com%3E
> which was intended in part to clear all potential IP issues in the code
> base and make it legally ready to be adopted by the community.
>
> Reminder of the Apache MADlib (incubating) community vote:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-madlib-dev/201602.mbox/%3CCAKBQfzSkXyGVQSKrY99zc9UmTE_NfXcYrxDGB%3DCMBmuCKLxbAg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>
> The specific license and notice recommendations raised by the IPMC during
> the positive vote for MADlib v1.9alpha have been addressed:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MADLIB-979
>
> For more information including release notes, please see:
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MADLIB/MADlib+1.9
>
> This is a source code tarball only release.
>
> To run check RAT, please do:
>
> $mvn verify
>
> first to get the correct RAT output.  Look inside of pom.xml to see the
> classes of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.
>
> We're voting on the source (tag): rc/v1.9-rc1
>
> Source Files:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/1.9-incubating-rc1/
>
> Commit to be voted on:
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-madlib.git;a=commit;h=cf59b4d91888836cb3680e32800ac774ac977129
>
> KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/madlib/KEYS
>
> Please vote:
>
> [ ] +1  approve
> [ ] +0  no opinion
> [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

I have a small nit that the top level folder in the archive is called:
     incubator-madlib-master
instead of the usual:
     apache-madlib-1.9-incubating
Please consider fixing it for the next release. This will make downstream
distributor's life much easier.

Other than that

+1 (binding)

What I verified:
   * hashsums (MD5 and SHAs) and signature
   * compared the tag to the content of the tarball
   * compared the tag to the content of the previous release (the
delta, as Frank is saying is pretty small)
   * DISCLAIMER, LICENSE and NOTICE look good to me
   * RAT check and content of RAT exclusion list in pom.xml

Thanks,
Roman.