Similar comment regarding the file format specification. It looks like this
is derived from the Parquet file format.

Which is fine as long as we follow the terms of the license:

https://github.com/apache/parquet-format/blob/master/LICENSE#L101
        (c) You must retain, in the Source form of any Derivative Works
          that You distribute, all copyright, patent, trademark, and
          attribution notices from the Source form of the Work,
          excluding those notices that do not pertain to any part of
          the Derivative Works; and

For example CarbonData:

https://github.com/HuaweiBigData/carbondata/wiki/CarbonData-File-Structure-and-Format

https://github.com/HuaweiBigData/carbondata/blob/master/format/src/main/thrift/carbondata.thrift