Hi,

+1 (binding) with reservations.

* xsums/sigs match
* KEYS contains necessary sig
* DISCLAIMER present
* Verified (lack of) NOTICE files for bundled ASLv2 code for all but one case. See next section for the issue.
* Was able to build and run tests
* Ran rat-check

Now, all of the below should be addressed before your next release. Please reach out with how/where you track these so I can follow the podling's progress on the fixes.

* Re: copying NOTICE from your ASL bundlings: I did find https://github.com/spring-projects/spring-security/blob/master/notice.txt which, I believe, your NOTICE file should also be including. (ps this is from your PasswordComparisonAuthenticator.java file from spring-security). Was this an omission or am I looking at the wrong version of the spring-security project from which you copied the file? * Did you intend for the .idea directory to be included with your source-release? Some extraneous. * LICENSE contains unnecessary ASLv2-licensed references. Remove them before the next release (repeat of Joe) * Backbone.Marionette LICENSE entry omits Copyright information (as the others have present) * ./security-admin/src/main/webapp/libs/bower/esprima/esprima.js is BSD licensed but does not appear in LICENSE (best as I can tell) * ./security-admin/src/main/webapp/libs/bower/jquery-ui/css/jquery-ui.css is MIT licensed an does not appear in LICENSE (best as I can tell) * Why does hive-agent/derby.log exist? It looks like this is an artifact created during testing (it doesn't exist in your source tree, and was created on my build). You should move this into target/ and not distribute it with your source-release. * Again, echo'ing Joe, I'm not sure what to say about ./security-admin/src/main/webapp/fonts. Are they OK to redistribute in this binary form as a Category-B (what is the source form of a Font? Is this something to worry about?).
* Why don't the following have ASL headers?
        - ugsync/ldapconfigchecktool/ldapconfigcheck/dependency-reduced-pom.xml
        - ./security-admin/src/main/webapp/robots.txt

Some nit-picky things/recommendations:

* I would recommend going through your apache-rat-plugin exclusions list and try to prune out as much as possible. There are a few exclusions which gave me pause (but do contained licensed files), e.g. '**/bin/**', '**/test/resources/**'. The rat-plugin should be your friend. * The MIT License section of your LICENSE file has "MIT License" on every line which seems unnecessary to me :)

- Josh

Velmurugan Periasamy wrote:
Incubator PMC:

Apache Ranger community has voted on and approved a proposal to release Apache
Ranger 0.6.0 (incubating).

[VOTE RESULT] thread:

https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c21a99659362bcd2fef0119d9937b9ab245c99400902cf75a7e77910@%3Cdev.ranger.apache.org%3E

Apache ranger-0.6.0-rc1 release candidate is now available with the following
artifacts up for IPMC vote. I kindly request that the Incubator PMC members
review and vote on this incubator release.

Git tag for the release:
     https://github.com/apache/incubator-ranger/tree/ranger-0.6.0-rc1
Sources for the release:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ranger/0.6.0-incubating-rc1/apache-ranger-incubating-0.6.0.tar.gz
Source release verification:
     PGP Signature:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ranger/0.6.0-incubating-rc1/apache-ranger-incubating-0.6.0.tar.gz.asc
     MD5/SHA  Hash:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/ranger/0.6.0-incubating-rc1/apache-ranger-incubating-0.6.0.tar.gz.mds
Keys to verify the signature of the release artifact are available at:
     https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/ranger/KEYS

Release Notes:
     https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/RANGER/0.6.0+Release+Notes
Build verification steps can be found at:
     http://ranger.incubator.apache.org/quick_start_guide.html

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until necessary number of votes
are reached.
[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)