On Sat, Jul 30, 2016 at 9:55 PM Justin Mclean <jus...@classsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Staging repo:
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefluo-1003
> > Source (official release artifact):
> >
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachefluo-1003/org/apache/fluo/fluo-parent/1-incubating/fluo-parent-1-incubating-source-release.tar.gz
>
> I’m a little confused as to what we are voting on here as:
> 1. This is no release in the offical area [1][2]

It's not released yet. It was my understanding that we don't put stuff
there until the vote actually passes a vote for a release, and for that we
need the IPMC to vote after the PPMC votes.

> 2. There is no code in the above release, is this intentional or is
> something missing?

It's just a Maven parent POM. There isn't any code. Just a POM, which is an
XML file. We did this as a separate release for two reasons:

1) to exercise the incubator release process (we've never done an incubator
release before), and

2) so we can use the released POM as our parent POM for the actual Fluo
release. In order for that to happen, it would be useful to be able to push
this POM out to Maven Central, so maven can resolve it when building our
main artifacts with Jenkins and for the upcoming release candidates (Fluo
1.0.0-incubating, which we're getting ready for).

So, yes, lack of code is intentional. The vote is on the parent POM, which
we've built as a separate artifact.