On 02/09/2016 17:41, Sam Ruby wrote:
> To prepare, we will need to decide who gets to modify these lists, and
> who gets notified.  I propose that members of podlings be able to modify
> the list, and the private list associated with that podling be notified
> on changes.  Alternate choices would include mentors for the podling, or
> the IPMC.  Given that notification facilitates oversight, I encourage
> this to be pushed down to the podling, but will go with whatever the
> consensus turns out to be.

(from the peanut gallery)

+1 to pushing it down to the podling. If I am reading this proposal
correctly, the worst they can do is grant an ASF committer write access
to their svn area.

> Longer term this change would lay the groundwork for more fine-grained
> access control whereever it may be desired: not just for svn, but also
> for web pages, git, and any other location that can be configured to use
> LDAP to obtain ACL information.

The key being "where it may be desired".

I'd prefer to see us moving towards coarser technical access control and
using social controls for the fine-grained aspects across the ASF.

Mark