> On Sep 14, 2016, at 09:28, Daniel Gruno <humbed...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> On 09/14/2016 03:17 PM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
>> (well, not always,
>> sometimes we've had syncing problems). My feeling is that since Apache
>> doesn't support forums, we could simply drop them. No need to convert the
>> forums to mailing lists, instead our mailing lists will need to be moved if
>> possible to Apache's mailing lists, while the forums can simply be dropped.
>> That would be my proposal for this, though some NetBeans community members
>> may differ and indeed it will be good to explicitly list this so that we
>> can track it when moving forward into incubation.
>
> While not a forum in the traditional sense, lists.apache.org
> <http://lists.apache.org/> does offer
> interacting with lists without having to use a separate mail client. You
> just log in via oauth and then read/write stuff :)

Wow…all these years using the Apache lists in some way or another I never knew
about that. That is pretty cool, and I do think it could replace forums.
Certainly users have to get used to anything new. I think the Apache OAuth
button, and the Mozilla Persona buttons, should perhaps be slightly different.
The button itself could read “Apache Commiters Login” with a sub-link bottom
right justified “using Apache OAuth” and “Apache Users Login” and a sub-link
bottom right justified “using Mozilla Persona”; just to make it more intuitive,
but certainly works, and is awesome! I had never used Persona, but it was easy
to setup and get going.

Wade