On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 10:54 AM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can we be specific about what info is needed, or what further details
> specifically, before going into a vote for acceptance of the proposal? My
> concern is that each question we answer is answered by further questions to
> answer. Maybe we could do a phone conference with the NetBeans
> infrastructure side together with the Apache infrastructure side. Maybe we
> can work through the infrastructure challenges during incubation.

My concern is this - I don't want to end up in a situation where we
are surprised by what the project actually needs.

The ASF's infrastructure budget is pretty small all things considered,
and I want both sides to understand what's needed and expected before
we decide that the marriage is perfect. I don't want the Foundation to
assume a responsibility that we can't reasonably fulfill, and I don't
want to deleteriously affect the NetBeans community because of those
limitations.

I don't see a lot of downside in exploring what the NetBeans community
actually needs and those costs and whether or not the ASF can meet
those needs.
Daniel Gruno is Infra's representative, and he owes me (and the IPMC,
and the rest of Infra) a report on what your needs are, and what the
costs are to provide them. I'll admit that we don't normally go to
this level of effort for a potential podling, but it's not that
frequent that we have a potential podling with 20 years of history or
of the size of NetBeans either.