On 2016-09-27 18:12, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 5:52 PM, Geertjan Wielenga
<geertjan.wiele...@googlemail.com> wrote:
...I think for a lot of (NetBeans) folks lurking in these threads, it will be
useful to know what voting means, who can vote, what 'binding votes' are,
etc etc...

Ok we can add that info in concise form once the vote thread starts.
Basically, only Incubator PMC members votes are binding (meaning
"legally valid" as far as the ASF is concerned), people shouldn't
hijack the VOTE thread for discussions (start new threads if needed)
and that's a majority vote that lasts >= 72 hours.

Votes from other people are welcome as an indication of peoples
enthusiasm (or lack thereof).

Geertjan, are you ok with starting the vote?

I'm currently at a conference with little time, if another mentor
wants to start it that's fine with me. Make sure to include the text
of https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/NetBeansProposal

If can send out the vote mail in about an hour or so if everyone is OK.

Ate

-Bertrand