On 4 October 2016 at 20:08, Christopher <ctubb...@apache.org> wrote:

> (Note, since I'm calling the vote late, I've included Billie's vote, which
> was received after the initial 72 hours, but since there were no -1 or
> +/-0 votes and I didn't get a chance to call it before she voted, this
> seems reasonable. IPMC, please let us know if not.)

That's fine - as a RM you are free to call the vote result whenever
you want after "at least" 72 hours. You are right that you would have
to then include any negative votes, even if they arrived after 72
hours.

Sometimes you may have a situation where a PPMC member asks you to
extend the deadline to get time to review it - it's up to you if you
want to honour that on a reasonable time scale (but remember
"community over code").

In one case the project realized after the RC vote was passed that
there was a big build issue on Windows and decided to drop the RC
anyway. As an RM you can (after coordinating with list) make such
decisions if needed.

A positive [VOTE][RESULT] is not binding on the RM to go through with
publishing - but anyone else in the PPMC could also publish those
artifacts without another vote, say if the RM happen to fall ill.
(This would also be the case if a non-PPMC member is the one calling
the vote).