This project is great with production usage from big giant in China,
and open sourced a while. But yes, they are not connected with
entire open source world yet, but I think now it's good time and
ASF is the right place:-)

RocketMQ is good sample for people who are willing to contribute
from a big developer community in China. As our Kylin story, people
are really interesting to not only just contribute code but also entire
project.
As I know, there are many others are seeking mentors and also committers
who could help them grow their project and community.

As mentor of this project, I would like to share with my experience with the
team to help them follow the Apache Way quickly.
But they need more help from IPMC and the entire community, please let
the team know if you have interesting to help:)

Thanks.
Luke

Best Regards!

Luke Han