On Thu, 2016-11-10 at 12:00 -0700, Gunnar Tapper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using the RocketMQ proposal to start a larger discussion.
>
> Apache Trafodion is another project that has a lot of contribution from
> China.
>
> One of the struggles I've seen is that the contributors aren't that active
> on email.

I've seen similar behaviour in an English-speaking community.
People like chat media and lose the role of email and lists,
even when the language is exactly the same either way.

IMHO this gives rise to two questions that matter:
- How inclusive is/isn't the alternative medium of communication?
- Are decisions that should have a public/archived trail being
  taken off-list in ephemeral media?

>  Rather, they prefer to use a forum on QQ communicating in Chinese.

Language is an important question, but isn't it orthogonal
to that of what communication medium a project uses?

--
Nick Kew