I am not subscribed to that list.

Can you elaborate on the process of moving release votes to a
different mirror/fork? Our votes, of course, happen on the mailing
list. The tagging happens in the official git repo. We do not have any
oficially-recognized-yet-unofficial mirrors, and the idea that we
would make a github mirror for the sole purpose of tagging commits
that Github would then consider releases of
apache-impala-incubating-mirror-only-for-votes seems byzantine.