Hi Dheeban,

tl;dr;: You've kind of stumbled into an early procedural process for adding new
ASF projects, but your interest is very much appreciated.

That's great that you want to get involved! One of the important things
new/potential Apache projects need to do is develop a community. Your interest
is a good sign.

At this point the project is an a proposal phase. If the proposal discussion is
positive (meaning most IPMC members appear to support incubating the project),
it will move on to a vote. If the vote passes, the project will be
bootstrapped: code imported, mailing lists and bug tracker created, website
domain registered, etc.

Admittedly, our documentation can be bit hard to navigate, but I assume that
you're aware of the ASF Incubator website [1] since you are subscribed to this
list. Perusing that site will give you more insight into what the Incubator is
about and how the ASF works.

-Taylor

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/